The intention behind our classes is to offer a safe, comfortable space where you can drop out of the noise and busyness of life for just an hour – 60 minutes – and drop into your body, and your breath. It is NOT about touching your toes or reaching your foot behind your head.
All of our classes are FREE and ALL LEVELS and our teachers invite each and every student to adapt the practice and the poses to suit what your level is and what your bodies needs are.
A typical class may include: a short centering/meditation, pranayama (breathing), asanas (postures) and savasana (final relaxation). Carefully selected breathing promotes calming; carefully chosen postures balance the nervous system. Poses that can trigger a bad memory are avoided. Setting and word choice are carefully chosen to promote a sense of safety.
Yoga as a mindfulness practice is our tool for reengaging students with their bodies to restore the connection between mind, heart and body, in a safe supported space, within their own Wellness programs and communities or in-studio classes at Power Yoga Canada City Centre.
Benefits of Healing Heroes Classes
- Gentle reconnection with your physical body and it’s sensations
- Helps to cultivate more response, and less reaction
- Increases self-calming ability; a tool that can be used anywhere, anytime
- Helps participants recognize and safely release emotions without judgment
- Brings participants back to the present by reconnecting mind to body
- Creates physical opening and increased flexibility through gentle stretches